1. Go to the Blue Letter Bible website at blb.org
2. Type the chapter you are studying into the search box. Leave the version as “KJV,” even if you are using a different translation. Hit “search”
3. This will take you to Philippians chapter 1. Click on the verse which contains the word you are looking up:
4. This will bring up a list of the words with a number beside them. Click on the number:
5. This will give you all the definitions of the Greek or Hebrew word. They may not all apply, but you can use context to figure out which definition is correct:
6. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can also see where else this word is used throughout the Bible:
Blue Letter Bible is also a wealth of other resources, including commentaries and sermons! Look around and see what you can find!
For more information on dealing with original languages, see this article: “3 Ways NOT to Use Greek in Bible Study,” by Justin Dillehay.